This light and zesty citrus salad is perfect for a refreshing lunch on a hot summer day! There’s also a story behind it — Bethany created it on the spot years ago when some unexpected guests showed up, and we’ve kept it on our menu ever since! Watch the video to hear the full story and see Bethany’s tips for adapting this versatile recipe using what you have in your pantry.
ORANGE MARMALADE VINAIGRETTE SALAD
½ cup juice drained from canned mandarin oranges
2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
½ cup olive oil
3 tbsp. orange marmalade
1 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves or ½ tsp. dried thyme
8 cups mixed greens
1 small can of mandarin oranges, drained (1 cup)
3 oz. smoked gouda cheese, shredded (3/4 cup)
½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
½ cup dried cranberries
- Place all ingredients in a large jar and shake it!
- Place it in the refrigerator if not using right away, but remember to take it out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temp for fullness of flavor.
- Place the mixed greens in a large bowl.
- Add dressing (start with a few tablespoons and add more to taste).
- Toss the salad to combine.
- Add oranges, smoked gouda, pecans, and dried cranberries and toss gently to combine and serve immediately.
We hope you enjoy this quick and easy summer salad!